Sunday, April 24, 2005

Dayan's Birth Story.

Dayan's was a big beautiful baby. The doctor whom help delivered him was sweating like mad. Guess it's the doctor first few deliveries... He was a sweet beautiful baby. What more could a first time mummy ask for.

He was born at 1440hrs at NUH
Delivery: 38+3 weeks, Normal
Weight at birth: 3395gm
Length at Birth: 52cm
Head Circumference: 31.5cm

I remember how blue his eye's white were and even all whom seen him, commented on that blue eye's white. Was a very beautiful baby indeed. Was contented. After all the first born took me so many hours .I remember the day of birth like it was yesterday...hehehe

I had a sudden urge in the wee hours in the morning to go pee. But it was not pee. I made about 2/3 trips to toilet and squat trying to PEE in the kitchen toilet as I didnt want to disturb my parents whom are still deep asleep, as my mum is a light sleeper...

No PEE??? Strange. was about to walk out of the toilet when suddenly water was flushing out from below (lost of urine control, hummm cant be).. Literately got the water bursting sound "PLOP" and feeling..... I was still Stone from it and Its still WEE morning hours ...    I remember reading that, I AM GIVING BIRTH At 7+am and noticing that I was screaming loudly.... BEeeeeeEEEEeeeee aka hb. HE was like WHAT!!!! :( :( I need to sleep..

I told him LOOK..... He said at where  ''''''.. I told him below. And something like a big blood cot came out (size measure 7.3cm).  I did have a cyst to remove after birth as it was growing.. So my mum took the blood thing along for them to do testing as hb and dad are afraid.  I cause my mum to run into the kitchen to see me, Ok she asked, I remember I am still asleep . hahahaha

My mum ask my dad to get ready for work and drive me to NUH. My hb decided to change and go to work too but change his mind later??? Guilty-perhaps for saying what?

I was told by mum to take a shower first and change before going... took a shower with my mum rushing me.. Cant I bath peacefully and I cant CLOSE the Door for privacy.. *headache* due to mum insisting as she say I will faint inside.

Change and use a normal pad (hint for Mums to be, use after birth pads to hold water discharge ). Father and mum, assist me to lorry to sit. On the way to NUH, Was stuck in traffic jam at Clementi and it started drizzling.... By the time we reach the Emergency dept, It was raining cats and dogs. and the lorry was wet too.. My dad say its ok just a wipe will do. Heng no blood on the lorry as its his company's lorry.

HB was in birthing room with me. So they decided my hb to go work but he wanted to stay so my dad went to work, mum went home to prepare things for me.. Doctor check me and I was only 3 to 6 dilated.. why a difference due to child's movement up and down...


Was Super Hungry. but didnt take any food at all. Doctor says no food.  So stupid, should ask hb to sneak  in food to eat.

The nurses keep coming in to ask me take epidural. I cant take it as it got substance of pandol and asprin ( I  read from magazine before). I told them NO. Dont they understand what is NO....

I was hook up to a dripping water bag -as water intake thingy and a bag of antibiotics, as Was afraid gotten infection and allergy to 'K' later on K is a drug thing-not sure about it much, but did read can die from it....

Getting worse the contractions, cant stand it anymore, was moaning away and thrusting about too much and nurses worried I will fall off the bed..  I panic and lost control as I didn't have any classes for birthing at that time. It haven't even started (So MTB go for the classes).

They took a look, and hurried the doctor came it. Baby is coming out, hence my madness. Hb was also mad that he told me DONT GIVE BIRTH LAH, GO HOME. He Scolded me V words a lot. It strangely somehow calm me down, I started breathing and pushing away. Was face red and eyes hurt from straining too much. Nurse told me to grab thighs, I dont want to grab my leg, I want to grab the bed handles but couldnt say out cause was super giddy already.

The nurse keep making me grab thighs and push ... No choice liao, baby coming... PUSH  & PUSH... Baby head out half way. the urge Stop to push. Doctor was panicking away as baby was stuck at the breathing place, call me push. Suddenly urge came back and push out to shoulder. Stuck again. So he did the suction at nose first then suddenly urge came back and PLOP, Baby's out in a C position. Doctor didnt have time to react, heng the nurse beside him, hands reach out to hop baby if not in dustbin he goes..

I keep puking after birth, too hungry. Was sent to ward in evening time. And gotten a yellow feeling  all over. Later was diagnosed with thyroid disorder for life. had fever also but was discharged.

SO here he is:








Lastly I lost the birthing video process done at NUH. I was told I was the first one to have it done. But it was gone from my computer. If anyone knows how to retrieve it do Help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment